Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Beginning of Reading and Research

I have found Painting People by Charlotte Mullins to be a great insight into different styles of portrait paintings, heres a few artists I picked out that really caught my eye and found they had an aspect within their work that I also want to create aswell!!



 Mika Kato

Marlene Dumas

Yan Pei- Ming

Kaye Donachie

Michael Borremans

Richard Wathen

I am going to start researching these current artists more in depth but I also want to start looking at the older 18th Century artists to compare and contrast styles and also what the paintings mean.


I have also been reading a novel from Charlotte Perkins Giman's book The Yellow Wallpaper which was really interesting in connection to my own depression  even though it is not exactly the same situation it was really interesting to see how someone else's mind worked and how people on the outside were also constricting her mentally and physically making her fight her way free concluding in her going insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment