Sunday, April 14, 2013

Louise Bourgeois and Eric Fischl


Louise Bourgeois
St Sebastienne, 1992.

I've come across the artist Louise Bourgeois who's sculpture piece Sainte Sebastienne (1992), here she responds to the arrow shooting of Saint Sebastian, she represents the figure in pink fabric as well in a female bodily form. I'd like to learn a lot more about her work and concept. 

Her work seems to represent sexuality, loneliness  anxiety and has expressed this through her sculpture, prints and installations. I have only been able to find information via the internet as I am waiting now for the books for Louise Bourgeois to become available in the library. 


Eric Fischl




I have been looking into Eric Fischl's work which I have found to be rather interesting as he uses his painting's composition and display of imagery to create narrative which gives the viewers a feeling of depressive anxiety. I find this way of creating a feeling for the viewers via the imagery and painting detail before them to be a very exciting and interesting element to be able to create an emotion, which can become a large variety as different people will respond in their own individual way making the painting have a different context each time it is viewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment