Sunday, April 14, 2013

Plans and Ideas 14/04/13

I have been doing some planning for the next few weeks and after doing so much research and written work I am dying to get back into the studios and painting again, so I am going to draw out two more canvases tonight. Each of my paintings I want to have a concept and idea behind it and not just painted without any meaning behind it, as I have prepared four canvases and I haven't painted on any of them so far I haven't planned everything to the T, as I don't know which or how many I will be putting in the exhibition or even how I am going to paint them. I have studied so many artists different work and ways of painting things that I have been influenced by so many, but because I have been emotionally struggling over the weekend I think that at this moment is the best time for me to be painting without any planning and just do it and paint it and see how my emotions relate to the paint. I don't want to copy another artists work because I want to be able to create my own painting style and technique with the guidance and influence of other artists.

As I am visiting the Blank Space on Tuesday I have been thinking in advance how I would like to display my painting/paintings and I have come to realise that I want to do something different, I don't want to just hang my painting/paintings on a wall, I want to display them differently and there is so many ways of doing so
eg. hung by chains, bending wire to clasp a painting, hung by string, displayed on shelves. But after having a lot of different ideas, I thought what meaning do these have, chains would be a good idea as they are strong, sturdy and are a way of imprisoning people/items, however I preferred the concept of using a shelf as they are a more subtle way of displaying and will work better with the paintings idea of not being so littoral which by using chains this would have done. With the shelves they have the idea of being forgotten, and more of a hideaway place alike items that are put away on the shelf and forgotten about, with how I feel a lot of the time is that nobody cares or has the time or realisation of what I can be going through when I get so down or anxious, they will pass it off as nothing as it is easier for them to deal with. So now I have the opportunity of thinking what materials I want to use,

Recycled materials - shelf made from a radiator sections, fridge sections or corrugated iron.

Wooden Shelves-  could be made from - planks of wood, sawed off sections from a tree, new shelving pre-made.

On the shelves with the paintings I could varnish on flowers, leaves, stones, hair, feathers etc and make the shelves part of the art work.

These are still ideas to be confirmed after doing some research and seeing how they will look with my paintings. I think when everything comes together its good to have a few plans but it will all be down to my visual eye and how things look. I am also excited to see what other peoples work will look like to see how my work will fit together with it.

                             



No comments:

Post a Comment