Sunday, April 14, 2013

3rd Year Exhibition Opening Night at Picadilly Unit 4

These are a few images from a 3rd year fine art sculpture exhibition curated by Joe Orr. It was interesting to see a different set-up in a warehouse space to exhibit work instead of just the usual white walls that art work is presented in galleries. I think that their sculptures worked well because of their style, I think they would have looked out of place in a white walled gallery, so their pieces worked well in the space they used. It was also interesting seeing one of the artists using the instillation of the building to present their work (image number 6). 

I think for my work within an exhibition would work a lot better on white walls as I want the main focus to be on my work only and for it to not blend into the building features.

1.

2. 

3.

4.

5. 

6. 

No comments:

Post a Comment