Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Thoughts and ideas of my Paintings curated with fellow artist's in the exhibition



 As I know there is going to be at least two other artists and myself painting portraits I have been thinking in advance how this may conflict as there will be a strong similarity in imagery and materials as they are also oil paintings on canvas. As I am not part of the curating group, therefore I haven't had as much as an insight into where all of the artist's work will being displayed, however if I can have a choice in the matter I want to display the paintings spread out throughout the exhibition and not in one singular space, I especially want to avoid placing my paintings next to another portrait because I think they will conflict as they are too similar. As we have been given the option by curators to put up more than one piece of art work, I  have decided on  three paintings I would like to display, however I don't want them altogether as I don't want to give the impression of my own mini exhibition on one wall/space, so I wish to be able to spread out the work throughout the whole of the exhibition between different artist's work to be able to provide a variety through out the whole of the space. I think this will work better as I think that it will keep the viewers more engaged because they will recognise the painting/material style of an artist's work from a previous one they may have seen within another room in Blankspace. This engaged idea will also work with other artists as I know of a few others within the 'Myth' group that are intending to exhibit more than one piece of art work and as a group I think that this will work better together.

No comments:

Post a Comment